Platinum Personnel Solutions are looking for a Shift Maintenance Engineer on behalf of our client based in Parham, Suffolk.
It will be worth noting our client has received a ‘Great Place to Work’ certification.
Propel your career surrounded by a diverse team of innovative, goal-oriented individuals who are pursuing the next generation of connectivity solutions. At our client, you’ll find support and encouragement to find a rapid path to career development. You’ll participate in work that will challenge your mind and position you to excel. Through our client’s inclusive global environment, you’ll collaborate with colleagues from around the world, gaining exposure to a broad base of expertise and perspectives.
Together, you’ll continue on a journey of innovation, creating a connected world, paving the way for automation, and allowing companies worldwide to collect, translate and use their data to meet key, strategic business objectives.
Working on production shifts, to ensure that production engineering maintenance and process issues are solved during the shift. To support the implementation of new equipment and processes. To ensure that production continues seamlessly 24 hours per day. To feedback issues to the production management team and support continuous improvement activities.
You will make an impact in the following way:
· Ensure the availability of production equipment and ancillary services equipment during shift working hours. This includes being the operators first call for when process equipment issues arise.
· Support the production shift team leaders day to day engineering needs and ensure all issues which arise are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
· To perform daily planned preventative maintenance activities and proficiently use and help develop the sites computer engineering maintenance management system.
· To perform unplanned maintenance and repairs as required to ensure optimum production run time during shifts. Fault finding on equipment causing process issues down to the root cause, not just curing the symptoms.
· Support the installation and commissioning of new manufacturing equipment.
· Identify and drive forward improvements to our equipment and processes.
· Be responsible for ensuring Health and Safety legislations are compiled with.
What you will bring:
· Formal apprenticeship or other equivalent qualifications in electrical, mechanical and/or maintenance engineering.
· Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
· 17th addition desirable.
· Experience with three phase systems, motor starters, control panels and motors desirable.
· Experience with variable speed drives an advantage.
· Knowledge and experience of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and equipment.
· Knowledge of bearings and drive transmission systems. The different types, their applications and the necessary practical skills.
Our Engineering team works 40 hours per week on a rotating three shift pattern, (10pm to 6.30am, 6am to 2.30pm and 2pm to 10.30pm, Sunday to Friday) and possible weekend and overtime when required. At busy times you may be asked to work overtime. Starting salary is £32,000 - £40,000 p.a. (depending on experience) plus a night shift allowance.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
To apply for this role, please contact Chris on 01728 833880 or send your C.V with a covering letter via email to platinumpersonnel@btconnect(dot)com